Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 87


Saw a picture of my back for the first time today. Amineh's been trying to tell me all along, and finally took this picture to prove it to me.

Damn. It's been a couple of days since my last post.
I'm alive, and still on the wagon, as it were. Though to be honest, a lot of times i wish i weren't.
Now more than most other times of the project. I really can't wait for a day without jump ropes.

Now i know i should be happier and feel more unobstructed, "as if a great burden has been lifted," but i don't really feel that way. And if there is one thing i've learned about myself, it's that working out and eating right don't make me any more of a happier person. In fact, if anything i've had more encounters with a more emotional side of myself than before.
But, this is one of the best parts of it for me. It's sort of a way of burning the impurities out, and it's not exactly a pretty process.

"The sword is for cutting the foolishness out of hearts, not the hearts out of fools"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finals are going well, and tomorrow will be the end of them. Looking forward to a break in the homework train, but not so much to working more days out of the week. Things are going pretty well.

Amineh has kept me on track with the diet portion. I don't think i would have had the inclination (or the time) to actually eat my allotted portions of protein...or dinner.

I've also made a habit of doing 8 min. Abs every day. Which has helped out a lot.

..Aaand that's really about it for now. Until next time.

2 comments: